Thursday, 1 August 2013

What If You are Stung by a Bee ?



Recently I  learnt the hard way that the "Sweet" honey collecting bees are dread painful....!!! I was stung badly by this buzzing bee....  I hate you all now :( 

Bees and wasps inject venom by stinging.  The stinger is at times left in the skin and then it hurts to the core. Venom causes temporary pain and swelling. Occasionally, victim produces fatal allergic reaction. Info might be useful, though I wish you never encounter or experience such horrific incident!! Trust me!

Symptoms

Ø Pain, redness, itchiness and swelling at the spot.
Ø Indications of severe reaction include:
§  Swelling around eyes and lips
§  Difficulty in breathing or wheezing
§  Abdominal pain
§  Rapid drop in blood pressure(shock)

Do’s

Ø If stinger present at spot, just scrape it out of the skin
Ø Only after 30 min the severity of reaction can be determined, so observe the victim/or yourself for seriousness
Ø Activate emergency medical response
ØApply ammonia to the site if available

Don’ts


Ø Do not remove stinger with plucker or finger nails. This might break stinger, leading to spreading of venom further.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License